Thursday, March 29, 2012

Democrats for Reasonable & Responsible Immigration (DRRI), Part 1 - Opening Statement

I'm starting an unofficial organization named Democrats for Reasonable & Responsible Immigration  (DRRI).  I'm sick of various commentators stating that anyone that isn't for massive immigration into the United States is a white-supremacist nationalist.  I'm a progressive/liberal environmental editor who caucused for President Obama in 2008.  When I'm not working on my environmental publishing business you'll find me doing physical labor to make a living - painting, yard work, housecleaning, etc.  I favor universal single-payer health insurance for all Americans and favor universal civil rights and equal rights for everyone.  But I don't favor massive immigration into the USA.  It's my right to be against huge levels of immigration into my country without being considered a racist nationalist.  My home is in a university district and many of my friends are immigrants from all over the world who have become citizens in the last few decades and most of them agree with me.  It's my right to believe that my country has already, or nearly already, surpassed a sustainable level of population that would allow people in the USA to continue to live in the current American lifestyle and standard of living.

More comments later, but in the meantime check out EarthDirectory's directory on population, demography and immigration - www.earthdirectory.net/population.htm